Want to help change the world? You’re not alone, starting in your own community is a great way to do this. The world needs you to lead.
Contact us at 678-786-6458 about volunteering with L.I.F.T today.
Leading Initiatives for the Less Fortunate Together (L.I.F.T) believes that inviting the community to volunteer and advocate alongside us is important. Whether you are wanting to learn more about homelessness in the city of Atlanta or are simply looking for somewhere to give back, we have many opportunities available for a wide range of ages and group sizes. Scroll down the page to view our many volunteer opportunities!
At L.I.F.T our doors are always open allowing us to serve three meals. By volunteering in our community kitchens you can help prepare and serve meals to families and single adults.
- Service time includes meal preparation, meal serving and clean up
- Volunteers must be ages 14 and up
- Accommodates individuals and small groups (a maximum of 8 people)
- Weekend service options are available
Dinner Guest Program
Our community meal is open to the neighborhood, whether that is a senior living on a fixed income, a friend sleeping under the viaduct, or just someone looking to share a meal and amiable conversation.
- Service time includes short project orientation, meal service and clean up
- Volunteers must be ages 7 and up
- Accommodates individuals or groups up to 20 people
- A great fit for families looking to serve together
Food Pantry – COMING SOON
L.I.F.T is able to offer a weekly neighborhood food pantry. Thanks to the community, local grocers and our volunteers who participates in lending a helping hand. Here you will help distribute groceries such as fresh produce, meat, baked goods and dry goods to community members in need.
- Service time includes short project orientation, set up, food distribution and clean up
- Volunteers must be ages 10 and up
- Great for families with elementary school age children and older
- Accommodates groups of 5 to 25 volunteers
Free Store – COMING SOON
The L.I.F.T free thrift store is a place where we can help meet the needs of shelter guests and community members in crisis. By volunteering in our Free Store you can help distribute clothing, shoes, housewares, toys, books and more. Volunteers can assist us by scheduling a time to sort donations, restock shelves or participate in one of our many shopping days.
- Service time is flexible as it pertains to start time and duration of work
- Volunteers must be ages 12 and up
- Accommodates groups as large as 30 volunteers
- Weekday and weekend service options are available
L.I.F.T strives to provide clean, comfortable living spaces in our communities. Sometimes groups are interested in helping us achieve this through work projects such as painting, street beautification, decorating or large-scale clean-up days.
- Service time is flexible as it pertains to start time and duration
- Ages vary by project
- Great for company service days or large school events
- Good fit for skilled workers looking to volunteer
Special Events/ Holidays
At L.I.F.T we make every effort to ensure our shelter guests’ time with us is special through fun events and holiday parties. When you volunteer to help host an event or participate in one of our pre-planned parties, you are helping us to spread joy to our residents during their time with us.
- Service time varies for each event
- Ages vary by event
- Great for large organized groups
- Examples include holiday parties, craft projects, game days, Back-to-School Bash, or helping in Santa’s Workshop
- Once a month we partner with The Birthday Party Project to provide an amazing birthday experience for our homeless community members and we’d love to have you come join the celebration! Click here to sign up.